- Interesting projects and contracts
- Software development, research, testing and debugging
- Open source environment and development tools
- Source code management, build tools and build infrastructure
- Git, Quilt, some experience with Mercurial, CVS and Subversion
- gcc, make, autotools, cmake, distutils/setuptools, Koji, Open Build Service
- Programming languages
- C, Python, C++, bash (unix shell)
- Mostly forgotten experience with AWK, C#, Java, Lua, Pascal, Perl, Prolog, Ruby, Scheme and Vala
- Debugging tools
- gdb, pdb, ptrace
- PyCharm integrated debugger
- Open to learning and research opportunities
- Linux operating system specifics
- Network configuration API and tools
- Containers and kernel namespaces
- Debugging, tracing and core dump analysis
- Syscalls and POSIX APIs
- Configuration management (ansible basics)
- Kernel configuration
- Linux distributions and derivatives
- Gentoo (overlay maintainance and occasional mainline contributions)
- Alpine Linux (just started to experiment with this amazing distribution)
- Fedora, RHEL and EPEL (maintainance of RPM packages including offical ones)
- OpenWRT (network administration)
- Casual experience with other distributions (openSUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, MeeGo, ...)
- Mikrotik RouterOS (ISP network administration)
- Some experience with FreeBSD, Mac OS X and unfortunately Microsoft Windows
- Czech (native)
- English (fluent)
- Some basics of French and Spanish
- Driving license
- B (car driver)
Freelance Consultant, Developer and Trainer (04/2008 – current)
I am currently focusing on consulting, development and training courses. Most of my projects are related to TCP/IP networking, UNIX/Linux platforms and DevOps. I work with Czech speaking and English speaking customers.
- DHL IT services – Consultancy in printing solutions and software packaging
- Energylinx Limited – Consultancy in web solutions and infrastructure
- Lion Mobile – Consultancy in IT infrastructure and development services
- Lica – Custom embedded application on Linux MeeGo written in C using the Clutter/Mx GUI toolkit
- JANUS – Integration layer between MyQ printing solution and CUPS using libcups.
- Wendulka.net – Modernization of ISP network, deployment of IPv6, OSPF, BGP and VoIP. Occasional technician and customer support.
- Portals – Infrustructure and support for web developers including Git and webhosting services.
- Eurosingal – Infrastructure for customers including Webhosting and e-mail.
- HB Media – Company infrastructure including routers, servers and VPN. Support for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iPhone users.
Selected training topics
- Git source control management
- Python and C programming
- TCP/IP and IPv6 networking
- Linux networking infrastructure
- Linux system administration, network services
Selected training customers
- Centrum dopravního výzkumu, v. v. i.
- Concur (Czech) s.r.o.
- Doosan Škoda Power s.r.o.
- HP Enterprise Services
- Seznam, a.s.
- SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
- Škoda AUTO a.s.
Selected training agencies
- Akademie Root.cz (Internet Info, s.r.o.)
- ELOS Technologies, s.r.o.
- Gopas, a.s.
- ICT Pro s.r.o.
Remote software developer at Red Hat Czech, s.r.o. (05/2012 – 04/2017)
- Package maintainer and developer (09/2013 - 04/2017)
- Maintainance of base system networking packages and participation in various networking related projects including IPv6 and DNSSEC efforts and Fedora Modularity project.
- NetworkManager upstream developer (05/2012 – 08/2013)
- Development and refactoring of NetworkManager upstream project.
Student jobs (09/2003 – 09/2007)
Web developer at Redboss, s.r.o (07/2007 – 09/2007)
- Analysis and redesign of a database application.
- Introduction of PostgreSQL as a replacement for MySQL including resources for developers.
- Introduction of Python and CherryPy as a replacement for PHP including resources for developers.
- Deployment of Subversion and OpenVPN (on SUSE Linux).
Embedded application developer at Smartdata, s.r.o. (06/2005 – 07/2006)
- I created a Linux/Netfilter based embedded wireless hotspot solution for use in hotels.
- A ticketing system backend based on a custom database (early versions used SQLite) was included.
- A command-line fronted for configuration and debugging and web frontends for operators and end users were added.
- Another project was a PostgreSQL based document management system with web frontend.
- Web developer for Vít Horký (09/2003 – 06/2005)
- I developed and maintained various types of web applications including company presentations, e-shops and travel agency catalogues in PHP and MySQL and later PostgreSQL.
- Charles University in Prague (not completed, 10/2006 – 09/2010)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Computer Science, Programming
- Gymnázium Arabská (09/2002 – 06/2006)
- Computer Science, Programming
- Computer technology (obviously)
- Continuous improvement of open source software I'm using
- Experiments and quality assurance projects
- Conference talks and sessions
- Hackfests and meetups
- Old computer games
- Cats and other animals
- Hiking, cycling and driving
- Editing OpenStreetMap using Vespucci and other software
- Listening to music from games
- Occasionally playing piano and flute
- Editing scores using MuseScore